* v1.18, Thursday, July 6, 2006

   Endian fix for typeLongDateTime.

* v1.17, Tuesday, May 3, 2005

   In Tiger, apparently, AECountItems() now returns true for some "lists"
   it didn't return true for before, such as typeObjectSpecifierRecord, and
   our code falsely assumed it would return false.

* v1.16, Saturday, February 19, 2005

   Switch during launch if we are launching anyway.  More efficient.

* v1.15, Monday, December 7, 2004

   warn, don't die, if app path cannot be found, because we might
   succeed anyway (if LaunchServices DB not updated for some reason,
   and app is open).

* v1.14, Tuesday, June 8, 2004

   Use Mac::Apps::Launch once again for launching apps.

* v1.13, Tuesday, May 18, 2004

   Handle launching and $SWITCHing of applications by bundle ID
   (previously only worked for app signatures).

* v1.12, Monday, May 10, 2004

   Eliminate a bunch of memory leaks, where we didn't dipose of AEDescs
   or Handles.

   No longer automatically populate EVENT and REPLY keys with AEPrint results.
   We fixed the memory leak in it, I think, but it was still an awful lot of
   data to lug around for no good reason.

* v1.11, Wednesday, February 18, 2004

   Added typeComp (coerce to float).

   Added typeLongDateTime (convert to/from Mac OS); added Time::Epoch.
   (Lars Eggert)

* v1.10, Wednesday, November 19, 2003

   Fixed $^E bug in perl 5.8.x (and make $^E handling more robust).

   Changed pack_pid() to use actual PID instead of converting to PSN,
   using typeKernelProcessID instead of typeProcessSerialNumber.

* v1.09, Sunday, November 2, 2003

   Oops, spelled URI "URL" in Makefile.PL.

* v1.08, Friday, October 31, 2003

   Added pack_eppc_x() for creating a target to an application on
   a remote computer, for Mac OS X.  Basic syntax:
       $target = pack_eppc_x('Finder', 'mac.example.com');

* v1.07, Wednesday, October 29, 2003

   Fixed qdrt to put elements in correct order.

* v1.06, Tuesday, June 24, 2003

   Checked that $ENUMREC is defined.

* v1.05, Thursday, May 22, 2003

   Added typeLongDateTime to AE_GET.

   Used Mac::Errors for internal errors.

   Added t/pod.t.

* v1.04, Monday, May 12, 2003

   Fix a test, update Makefile.PL.

* v1.03, Monday, April 14, 2003

   Updated tests and notes, and require more recent Mac::Carbon,
   for Mac OS X support.

   Added pack_pid, to target applications by PID instead of signature,
   PPC location, or PSN (Mac OS X only).

* v1.02, Tuesday, May 7, 2002

   Fix typo in Makefile.PL.

* v1.01, Monday, January 14, 2002

   Make _getdata smarter.

   Added utxt coercion to text.  Catch errors in coercion.

   Change license to be that of Perl.

* v1.00, Monday, September 11, 2000

   Added handle_event function.

   Use cluck from the Carp module if available if $WARN is greater
   than 1 (fall back to carp if cluck not available).

* v0.81, Tuesday, November 2, 1999

   Added requirement for Mac::AppleEvents version 1.22
   (included in distribution).

   Added type method.

   Added EPPC addressing (Apple events over TCP/IP).  Seems to work
   as well as the PPC addressing.  Requires Mac OS 9.  Added

* v0.80, Friday, September 10, 1999

   Added PPC port addressing.  Still experimental, as I am working largely
   off empirical observation, rather than specs.  Added pack_ppc.
   (Cameron Ashby <cameron@evolution.com>)

   Added pack_psn to simply get a PSN into a long double.

* v0.72, Wednesday, September 1, 1999

   Fixed bug in _event_error that did not return proper value,
   or clear $^E properly.  (Francis Clarke <F.Clarke@swansea.ac.uk>)

* v0.71, Tuesday, June 8, 1999

   Added $DEBUG global.  Will be used more.

   Added some coercions so certain types will be returned as typeChar
   from the get method.

* v0.70, Friday, June 4, 1999

   Removed deprecated ae_send function.  Use send_event instead.

   Removed deprecated get_text function.  Not needed anymore, use get
   method instead.

   Cleaned up stuff.

   Improved error handling.  Will return on first error.  See docs above
   for more information.

   Made $Mac::AppleEvents::Simple::SWITCH 0 by default instead of 1.

   Added global %DESCS to save AEDescs for disposal later.

* v0.65, May 30, 1999

   No longer return entire desc from get if direct object not supplied.

   Error number put in $^E if supplied.

   Added a bunch of stuff to %AE_GET.

   get method now automatically unpacks nested AE records and AE lists into
   perl hash and array references.

* v0.61, May 1, 1999

   Made default timeout kNoTimeOut.

   Changed use of REPLY for parameter to AESend to GETREPLY.
   REPLY was already in use, D'oh!

* v0.60, January 28, 1999

   Added get and data methods.

* v0.52, September 30, 1998

   Re-upload, sigh.

* v0.51, September 29, 1998

   Fixed problems accepting parameters in send_event.  Sped up
   switching routine significantly.

* v0.50, September 16, 1998

   Only LaunchApps when sending event now if $SWITCH is nonzero or
   app is not already running.

   Added warnings for event errors if present and if $^W is nonzero.
   Only works if event errors use standard keywords errs or errn.

* v0.10, June 2, 1998

   Changed new to build_event, and ae_send to send_event.

   Made default AESend parameters overridable via send_event.

* v0.03, June 1, 1998

   Added $SWITCH global var to override making target app go to front.

* v0.02, May 19, 1998

   Here goes ...