How to contribute
This module uses Dist::Zilla for creating releases, but you should be able to develop and test it without Dist::Zilla.
I try to follow these guidelines:
- Git commits
- Short commit message headline (if possible, up to 60 characters)
- Blank line before message body
- Message should be like: "Add foo ...", "Fix ..."
- If you need to do formatting changes like indentation, put them into their own commit
- Git workflow
- Rebase every branch before merging it with --no-ff. Rebasing your pull request to current master helps me merging it.
- No merging master into branches - try to rebase always
- User branches might be heavily rebased/reordered/squashed because I like a clean history
- No Tabs please
- No trailing whitespace please
- 4 spaces indentation
- Look at existing code for formatting ;-)
prove -lr t
To include the tests from the yaml-test-suite, checkout the test-suite branch like this:
git branch test-suite --track origin/test-suite git worktree add test-suite test-suite
There is also a Makefile.dev and a utility script dev.sh
source dev.sh dmake testp # parallel testing
You can check test coverage with
make -f Makefile.dev cover # or dmake cover
Email: tinita at cpan.org IRC: tinita on freenode and irc.perl.org
Chances are good that contacting me on IRC is the fastest way.