App::pandoc::preprocess - Preprocess Pandoc before Processing Pandoc
cat chapters/input-*.pandoc | ppp | pandoc -o output.pdf --smart "more pandoc options..."
much simpler design than version 1: pipeable & chainable, reading line-by-line
parallelized work on image file creation
1. while-loop will iterate line by line and is using the flip-flop-operator:
* as soon, as a ditaa/rdfdot/dot-block starts, globals ($fileno, $outfile, etc) are set, so all other routines can see them * when actually *inside* the block, the block's contents are printed to the newly generated file (image-X.(ditaa/rdfdot/dot))
2. once the flip-flop-operator hits the end of the ditaa/rdfdot/dot-block, a child will be spawned to take over the actual ditaa/rdfdot/dot-process to create the png-file and the globals are reset
3. all other lines which are not part of a ditaa/rdfdot/dot-block will simply be piped through to stdout
4. at the end of the program, all children are waited for
5. in the meantime, the new pandoc contents are printed to stdout
6. all child-processes will remain quiert as far as stdout is concerned and write to their individual log-files
Checks whether ditaa... are available
check whether ditaa has file.encoding set
bundle ditaa with this
'make CPAN happy -- we only have a main in bin/ppp'
This software is Copyright (c) 2014 by DBR.
This is free software, licensed under:
DO WHAT THE FUCK YOU WANT TO PUBLIC LICENSE, Version 2, December 2004