- SEE ALSO
Module::Advisor - check a modules you are installed
use Module::Advisor; Module::Advisor->new()->check();
Module::Advisor checks a modules you are installed, and notice if:
- There is a module, have known bugs.
- There is a module, have optional XS module for better performance.
- Your are using broken version of CPAN module.
Here is a rules to check the modules.
- Digest <= 1.17
<1.16 have a security issue. which could lead to the injection of arbitrary Perl code
- Encode <= 2.44
- Plack <= 0.9982
sanity check to remove newlines from headers
- Time::Piece <= 1.16
<1.15 have timezone related issue
- DBD::SQLite <= 1.20
a lot of bugs.
- Text::Xslate <= 1.0011
- Text::Xslate <= 1.5021
segv in "render" recursion call
- Text::Xslate <= 1.6001
<1.6001 possibly memory leaks on VM stack frames. see https://github.com/xslate/p5-Text-Xslate/issues/71
- Furl <= 0.39
unexpected eof in reading chunked body. It makes busy loop.
- AnyEvent::MPRPC <= 0.15
switch to Data::MessagePack::Stream
- Data::MessagePack <= 0.46
fixed unpacking issue on big-endian system.
- Data::MessagePack <= 0.39
packing float numbers fails on some cases
- FCGI::Client <= 0.06
fixed large packet issue
- Starlet <= 0.12
fix infinite loop when connection is closed while receiving response content
- Starman <= 0.2014
$res-> is broken after output (This is actualized with Plack::Middleware::AccessLog::Timed) https://github.com/miyagawa/Starman/pull/31
- Starman <= 0.1006
Fixed 100% CPU loop when an unexpected EOF happens
- Twiggy <= 0.1000
- Teng <= 0.14
fixed deflate bug.
- DBIx::Skinny <= 0.0742
txn_scope bug fixed
- DBIx::TransactionManager <= 1.11
not execute begin_work at AutoCommit=0.
- HTTP::MobileAgent <= 0.36
new x-up-devcap-multimedia(StandAloneGPS) support
- HTTP::MobileAgent <= 0.35
Updated $HTMLVerMap and $GPSModelsRe in DoCoMo.pm
- Encode::JP::Mobile <= 0.25
resolved FULLWIDTH TILDE issue, etc.
- Template <= 2.15
uri filter does not works properly https://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=19593
- HTML::FillInForm::Lite <= 1.11
HTML5 style tags support
- Proc::Daemon <= 0.12
Init() did not close all filehandles reliably in some cases.
- ExclusiveLock::Guard <= 0.04
change of the file stat timing (measures under high load)
- Amon2::DBI 0.31 has bug.
transaction management bug
- Math::Random::MT 1.15 has bug.
rand() took no notice of argument RT #78200
- Module::Install 1.04 has bug.
- Mouse 1.04 has bug.
memory leak, http://d.hatena.ne.jp/gfx/20130208/1360283357
- JSON::XS is recommended
If you are using JSON.
- HTTP::Parser::XS is recommended
If you are using Plack.
- Linux::Inotify2 is recommended
If you are using Filesys::Notify::Simple.
- Amon2 <= 3.29 does not have
JSON hijacking detection.
- Log::Minimal <= 0.10 does not have
- Log::Minimal <= 0.08 does not have
- Log::Minimal <= 0.03 does not have
- Proclet <= 0.12 does not have
- DBI <= 1.614 does not have
Tokuhiro Matsuno <tokuhirom AAJKLFJEF@ GMAIL COM>
Copyright (C) Tokuhiro Matsuno
This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself.