Wubot::Guide::Rules - rule field description
Rules may contain the following fields:
- required - description: a human-friendly name assinged by you - hints: you should be able to recognize in the logs to determine if your rule fired or not
- optional - description: conditions that must be satisfied in order for the rule to fire - hints: - if condition is not defined in the rule, the rule will always run - for more information, see L<Wubot::Guide::Notifications>.
- optional - description: the name of a package in the Wubot::Reactor namespace - hints: - most plugins require 'config' to determine what to do with the message - for an overview of plugins, see L<Wubot::Guide::ReactorPlugins>.
- optional - description: configuration data used by the plugin to process the message - hints: some config is required for most plugins
- optional - description: once set, no more rules will be run on the message - hints: think of this as routing the message to /dev/null
- optional - description: an array of child rules that will be run if the current rule runs - hints: - will get run if the current rule contains no condition - will get run if the current rule contains a condition that evaluated true - rules may be deeply nested - nesting rules makes the reactor more efficient, since not every rule needs to run on every message