Changes for version 0.22 - 2013-06-10
- feature: added new sections --- abort and --- shutdown to test premature client abortions.
- feature: implemented new section "--- raw_response_headers_unlike".
- feature: added support for custom http_config filters for subclasses.
- feature: now we automatically check [alert] and [crit] messages in the nginx error logs and print them as warnings if they do not appear in either --- error_log or --- no_error_log.
- feature: added new section "--- stap_out_unlike" for testing patterns which should not appear in the output systemtap.
- feature: added support for the special notation "$LIBPCRE_PATH" within --- stap, which is always substituted by the absolute path to libpcre used by the current nginx.
- feature: now we check if the nginx process is gone in the "check leak" testing mode (i.e., when TEST_NGINX_CHECK_LEAK=1).
- feature: added new section "--- skip_eval: <subtest-count> <perl-code>" for skipping tests according to the running result of a piece of Perl code.
- feature: now we allow a (unix domain) socket file path specified in the "--- udp_listen" directive value.
- feature: in --- stap values, now we support the notation "F(func@file)".
- feature: made the environment TEST_NGINX_SERVER_PORT always take the value so that the test cases can always reference it.
- feature: added new section "--- wait" to always wait a specified amount of time before checking the systemtap outputs and/or error logs (if any).
- bugfix: no longer retry connecting to the nginx server when the child process running nginx is already gone.
- bugfix: no longer bail out the up to 3 test cases fail all their connecting attempts.
- bugfix: TEST_NGINX_USE_HUP=1 could not work with TEST_NGINX_NO_CLEAN=1.
- bugfix: the output of systemtap took the value undef when it was in fact empty.
- bugfix: protect against division by zero in the "check leak" testing mode.
- bugfix: disabled the test report ending when failing to parse chunked response body because the test count is surely out of sync.
- bugfix: the code that searches executables in the PATH environment would always look up the current working directory first and might pick up an executable directory with the same name.
- bugfix: conflicting testing modes may conflict together.
- bugfix: added File::Path 2.06_05 as a minimum requirement. thanks Andreas J. KÃ¶nig for reporting this issue.
- bugfix: pass --show-possibly-lost=no to valgrind by default because nginx makes clever use of pointers almost everywhere.
- bugfix: when --- abort was not specified, http client timeout was not treated as a subtest failure as specified.
- bugfix: the child process running ab or weighttp might not be reaped in extreme conditions.
- bugfix: we did not close STDOUT and STDERR in the child processes forked, which could confuse the "prove" harness and lead to hang.
- optimize: disabled the access log altogether in the "check leak" testing mode.
- docs: documented the TEST_NGINX_NO_CLEAN environment.
- docs: fixed a small issue in the code sample. thanks smallfish.
Testing modules for Nginx C module development
LWP-backed test scaffold for the Nginx C modules
Socket-backed test scaffold for the Nginx C modules