Changes for version 1.05
- Got rid of POE::Component::Server::TCP and replaced it with POE::Wheel::SocketFactory for speed/efficiency
- As the documentation for POE::Filter::HTTPD says, updated POD to reflect the HTTP::Request/Response issue
- Got rid of SimpleHTTP::Request, due to moving of the Connection object to Response -> Found a circular leak by having SimpleHTTP::Connection in SimpleHTTP::Request, to get rid of it, moved it to Response -> Realized that sometimes HTTP::Request will be undef, so how would you get the Connection object?
- Internal tweaking to save some memory
- Added the MAX_RETRIES subroutine
- More extensive DEBUG statements
- POD updates
- Paul Visscher tracked down the HTTP::Request object leak, thanks!
- Cleaned up the Makefile.PL
- Benchmarked and found a significant speed difference between post()ing and call()ing the DONE event -> The call() method is ~8% faster -> However, the chance of connecting sockets timing out is greater...