24 Mar 2000 22:17:30 UTC
- Browse (raw)
- How to Contribute
- Issues (10)
- Testers (2 / 1 / 0)
- KwaliteeBus factor: 1
- License: unknown
- Activity24 month
- Download (21.66KB)
- MetaCPAN Explorer
- Subscribe to distribution
- This version
- Latest version
Changes for version 0.50
- Complete rewrite incorporating the following changes.
- Requires 5.00503. This allowed the module to get rid of the global cache for shared memory segments; each Shareable object now carries around its own data.
- 5.00503 also allowed tied arrays to be implemented
- Shared memory segments can no longer be of infinite length thereby reducing the amount of code in the module by a factor of 2.
- Uses IPC::Shareable::SharedMem class for accessing shared memory.
- Uses IPC::Semaphore module for accessing semaphores.
- Completely revisited the way references are dealed with: all referenced thingies are now automagically tied to shared memory.
- Constants now imported from IPC::SysV; Shareable.xs is gone
- Rewrote test suite and moved into t subdirectory
- Updated man page
Modulesshare Perl variables between processesObject oriented interface to shared memory
Module Install Instructions
To install IPC::Shareable, copy and paste the appropriate command in to your terminal.
perl -MCPAN -e shell install IPC::Shareable
For more information on module installation, please visit the detailed CPAN module installation guide.