Changes for version 0.01_08
- Refactored internal function utf8_check() to increase performance
Changes for version 0.01_07
- Fixed detection of non-shortest form UTF-X on perl versions <= 5.8.6
- Fixed utf8_length() invocation, don't pass the interpreter context
- Shortened the Encode.pm comparison
Changes for version 0.01_06
- Report character position in encode_utf8() warning messages
- Added a comparison with Encode.pm
Changes for version 0.01_05
- Correct maximal subpart implementation An initial subsequence of a ill-formed sequence is not maximal subpart.
- <C0 80> -> <FFFD FFFD> <ED A0 80> -> <FFFD FFFD FFFD> <EF BF BF> -> <FFFD> <F4 80 80> -> <FFFD> <F4 90 80 80> -> <FFFD FFFD FFFD FFFD>
- Unicode v6.0: D93b Maximal subpart of an ill-formed subsequence: The longest code unit subsequence starting at an unconvertible offset that is either: a. the initial subsequence of a well-formed code unit sequence, or b. a subsequence of length one.
Changes for version 0.01_04
- croak if Perl's internal representation of wide characters is ill-formed.
- Fixed a bug in replacement handling.
- Added a test for replacement handling.
Changes for version 0.01_03
- Removed the "Can't represent restricted code point" error, code points above U+10FFFF is reported as "Can't represent super code point".
- Instead of just croaking use the 'utf8' warnings category and leave the choise of error reporting to the user.
- Maximal subpart of an ill-formed subsequence is replaced with U+FFFD as recomended by Unicode.
Changes for version 0.01_02
- Changed wording in encoding exception messages from "Can't map \w+ code point" to "Can't represent \w+ code point",
- Added a taint test.
- Added a leaks test.
Changes for version 0.01_01
- Initial CPAN release.
- Unicode::UTF8 - Encoding and decoding of UTF-8 encoding form.
- Unicode::UTF8 in lib/Unicode/UTF8.pm