Changes for version 1.8
- Change: a50996aee321069d7b3eceee2b5f90ff4d59c9ff Author: Brad Lhotsky <firstname.lastname@example.org> Date : 2020-03-29 10:34:32 +0000
- Disable @ARGV processing during initialization
- The previous release disabled `@ARGV` processing everywhere except when imported from the `main` namespace. This continues that work by disabling the preprocessing of `@ARGV` entirely. This switches the behavior of the module to `delay_argv`. It's still possible to preprocess the `@ARGV` during the runtime by using:
- ``` use CLI::Helpers qw(:preprocess_argv output); ```
- Otherwise, the processing of `@ARGV` will happen at the first call to a function which needs it. This is generally safer as it prevents interference with other processing of `@ARGV` by scripts and modules.
- Also corrected the option processing parameters so options requiring a value declare it correctly.
- CLI::Helpers - Subroutines for making simple command line scripts