Changes for version 0.03
- Added strict. Originally this was left out because of how many symbolic references there are, but adding it caught one accidental global. (Which could have led to an object having a longer life than expected.)
- Removed an internal debugging hook (installed/_installed) that I used in development.
- Thanks to a suggestion from Joshua Jore (diotalevi on perlmonks) I noticed that Module::Build has "traditional" that I can use instead of "passthrough", thereby removing the dependency that users have Module::Build installed.
- Cleaned up the AUTOLOAD stuff. I find it bizarre that if I assign a typeglob to your classes AUTOLOAD, $AUTOLOAD is set in my class when that is called. Convenient, but bizarre.
- I only need to call the original UNIVERSAL::can on a call to can, not to AUTOLOAD. (If you reach AUTOLOAD, you know that it will fail to find anything with the original UNIVERSAL::can.)
- Removed use of no warnings. Together with the "traditional" change this should make my module work on Perl 5.005_04.
- While I'm at it, use a backwards compatibility trick. This module now has a chance of working all of the way back to 5.003.
- I had not duplicated all of Perl's message on missing methods. Improved compatibility and added tests.
- Changed the order of testing for CAN and checking installed. The new order is likely to be slightly more efficient. Not that anything else about this module is efficient...
- Class::AutoloadCAN - Make AUTOLOAD, can and inheritance cooperate.