Changes for version 1.76 - 1999-11-19
- IMPORTANT: Now requires 5.005 or better.
- IMPORTANT: Made extract methods sensitive to the pos() value of the text they are parsing. In other words, all extract subroutines now act like patterns of the form /\G.../gc. See documentation for details.
- IMPORTANT: Changed semantics of extract_multiple, in line with the above change, and to simplify the semantics to something vaguely predictable. See documentation for details.
- Added ability to use qr/../'s and raw strings as extractors in extract_multiple. See documentation.
- Added fourth argument to extract_codeblock to allow outermost brackets to be separately specified. See documentation for details.
- Reimplemented internals of all extraction subroutines for significant speed-ups (between 100% and 2000% improvement).
- Fixed nasty bug in extract_variable and extract_codeblock (they were returning prefix as well in scalar context)
- Allowed read-only strings to be used as arguments in scalar contexts.
- Renamed delimited_pat to gen-delimited pat (in line with gen_extract_tagged). Old name still works, but is now deprecated.
- Tweaked all extraction subs so they correctly handle zero-length prefix matches after another zero-length match.
- Text::Balanced - Extract delimited text sequences from strings.
- Text::Balanced::Extractor in lib/Text/Balanced.pm