Changes for version 0.2.4
- This release fixes a memory leak with the default tempfile backend layer implementation for trapping output. The systemsafe alternative backend had the same kind of leak, and has also been fixed. (The perlio alternative backend was not affected.) Thanks go again to Felipe Gasper for discovering this! Test::Trap::Builder:
- Add a method ExceptionFunction to make it easier to avoid circular references arising from registered closures. Document and export this method. Test::Trap::Builder::TempFile:
- Break a circular reference chain. Test::Trap::Builder::SystemSafe:
- Break a similar but slightly more complicated circular reference chain. Tests:
- Added t/14-leaks.t to check that the reference count is as expected, at least with trivial code and standard setup for all three output layer backends. Also:
- Use firstname.lastname@example.org for my email address.
- Update copyright years.
- Update MANIFEST.SKIP &c for use of git (goodbye subversion).
- Test::Trap - Trap exit codes, exceptions, output, etc.
- Test::Trap::Builder - Backend for building test traps
- Test::Trap::Builder::PerlIO - Output layer backend using PerlIO::scalar
- Test::Trap::Builder::SystemSafe - "Safe" output layer backend using File::Temp
- Test::Trap::Builder::TempFile - Output layer backend using File::Temp