Changes for version 0.04
- Implemented .xs file munging and source-filter to be able to truly support forks.pm under Perl 5.6.x. Thanks to Juerd Waalboer for the idea of the source filter.
- It is now confirmed that forks.pm won't work under 5.005, so the minimum version of Perl is now set to 5.6.0 in the Makefile.PL.
- 7 August 2003 Tested under 5.8.1-RC4. The WHOA! messags seem to have disappeared but instead a warning has appeared that cannot be suppressed. This was caused by my attempt to activate the :shared attribute. Since that doesn't work anyway, I removed the offending code and the warning went away.
- Fixed some warnings in the test-suite.
- Fixed another warning in forks.pm. Reported by Bradley W. Langhorst.
drop-in replacement for Perl threads using fork() UNAUTHORIZED
drop-in replacement for Perl threads::shared with forks() UNAUTHORIZED
default class for tie-ing arrays to threads with forks UNAUTHORIZED
default class for tie-ing handles to threads with forks UNAUTHORIZED
default class for tie-ing hashes to threads with forks UNAUTHORIZED
default class for tie-ing scalars to threads with forks UNAUTHORIZED
in lib/forks.pm UNAUTHORIZED