Changes for version 2.08 - 2018-07-31
- Dropped use of RAND_screen() on Windows for OpenSSL 1.1.0 onwards since it is now marked as deprecated.
- Further improved compatibility with OpenSSL 1.1.0 on Windows by always linking against crypt32.lib, which is now required for static builds of OpenSSL on Windows (unless the no-capieng build option was used).
- Improved compatibility with OpenSSL 1.1.0 by changing Newxz()/Safefree() to EVP_CIPHER_CTX_new()/EVP_CIPHER_CTX_free(). These functions for opaque EVP_CIPHER_CTX handling were added in OpenSSL 0.9.8b, but their use now seems to be necessary on some systems. [kmx, CPAN RT#121970]
- Added support for new library file name on Windows arising from unified build system changes in OpenSSL 1.1.0.
- Avoided possible test failures in t/04_par.t by checking that 'pp' really is PAR Packager rather than a different 'pp' (e.g. from App-Adenosine or the FreeBSD ports collection). [Slaven Rezic, CPAN RT#111423]