Changes for version 0.13
- CHANGES THAT ***BREAK*** BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY:
- 'external' is now called '-external' to avoid name clash with a potential "external.pm" class;
- filters for the same type/class are now stacked and called in order. The first one that returns a defined value (string) is used, otherwise it will forward the call to the next filter. In earlier versions, the last declared filter would be the one used. Note that this feature is only available for stand-alone filters, since inline filters are actually a hash.
- NEW FEATURES:
- use a specific dump method via the 'class_method' display customization (default undef)
- display tie information via the 'show_tied' display customization (default true)
- display extra information (mode, flags, layers) on I/O handles
- new '-class' type (note the dash) called when we find a non-native type (i.e. an object). If you return anything at all - even an empty string - the filter will succeed. Otherwise it will forward the call to the next '-class' filter, in order.
- new DDP package alias
- improved test suite
- improved documentation