Changes for version 0.20
- CHANGES THAT BREAK BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY:
- respect ANSI_COLORS_DISABLED if colored => 'auto', but force color codes if colored => 1.
- colored => 'auto' prints colored output only in void mode, not when returning a string. In other words, doing p($var) will show colors, but my $out = p($var) will not (unless you force it via colored => 1). This behavior differs from previous versions, but is more consistent and we consider the previous way to have been a bug.
- Many thanks to SZABGAB, CSJEWELL and specially RANDIR for detecting, analyzing and helping to come up with a solution, initially addressed as a Microsoft Windows issue (RT#68630).
- reduced some dependencies to make installation even easier.
- Data::Printer - colored pretty-print of Perl data structures and objects
- Data::Printer::Filter - Create powerful stand-alone filters for Data::Printer
- Data::Printer::Filter::DB - pretty printing database objects
- Data::Printer::Filter::DateTime - pretty-printing date and time objects (not just DateTime!)
- DDP in lib/DDP.pm