Changes for version 0.30
- CHANGES THAT BREAK BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY:
- 'escape_chars' was renamed 'print_escapes' to avoid ambiguity. The old name will work until v0.32, but will trigger a warning so you can update your code. Sorry for the inconvenience, the previous name was hard to figure out because 'escape' could be interpreted as a noun or as an adjective (perigrin++ for suggesting the new name).
- NEW FEATURES:
- in hashes, surround key names with quotes if they contain spaces (feature request by Maxim Vuets)
- escape_chars also works for hash keys now.
- new 'quote_keys' property to add quotes in hash keys. Defaults to 'auto' which means it will quote keys containing spaces (and empty keys)
- BUG FIXES:
- fixed temporary file handling during tests. Thanks Andy Bach for reporting and providing a patch.
- added documentation for the new 'rc_file' feature introduced in the previous version.
- Data::Printer - colored pretty-print of Perl data structures and objects
- Data::Printer::Filter - Create powerful stand-alone filters for Data::Printer
- Data::Printer::Filter::DB - pretty printing database objects
- Data::Printer::Filter::DateTime - pretty-printing date and time objects (not just DateTime!)
- DDP in lib/DDP.pm