Changes for version 1.6.0 - 2015-01-04
- New features
- The new method Git::More::blob replaces the routine Git::Hooks::file_temp which is now deprecated.
- Contrary to what the documentation said, the Git::Hooks::file_temp routine always returned a string containing the temporary file name where the blob was written to, not a File::Temp object.
- The documentation doesn't mention any more the deprecated option variables githooks.checkacls.userenv, githooks.checkacls.admin, githooks.checkjira.userenv, and githooks.checkjira.admin, which weren't supported for a long time.
- Internal changes
- All uses of the modules File::Slurp, File::Spec, and File::Path were changed to use module Path::Tiny instead. This refactoring was inspired by Matt S. Trout's module review at http://shadow.cat/blog/matt-s-trout/mstpan-5/.
- Git::Hooks - Framework for implementing Git (and Gerrit) hooks
- Git::Hooks::CheckAcls - Git::Hooks plugin for branch/tag access control.
- Git::Hooks::CheckFile - Git::Hooks plugin for checking files
- Git::Hooks::CheckJira - Git::Hooks plugin which requires citation of JIRA issues in commit messages.
- Git::Hooks::CheckLog - Git::Hooks plugin to enforce commit log policies.
- Git::Hooks::CheckRewrite - Git::Hooks plugin for checking against unsafe rewrites
- Git::Hooks::CheckStructure - Git::Hooks plugin for ref/file structure validation.
- Git::Hooks::CheckWhitespace - Git::Hooks plugin for checking whitespace errors
- Git::Hooks::GerritChangeId - Git::Hooks plugin to insert a Change-Id in a commit message.
- Git::More - A Git extension with some goodies for hook developers.
- Git::More::Message - A Git commit message