Changes for version 1.8.0 - 2015-05-21
- New features
- CheckCommit: Add new plugin Git::Hooks::CheckCommit which checks commit information such as author and committer names and emails and commit signatures.
- CheckJira: New functionality to insert a comment about the commit on the JIRA issue during the post-rewrite hook.
- CheckLog: Add option checklog.ref to restrict the references on which the checks must be performed, making it equivalent to the checkjira.ref option.
- Add support for the push-to-checkout hook, new as of Git 2.4.0.
- The changes implemented on version 1.7.0 in the function Git::More::get_commit were reverted because they imposed a performance penalty on every call, even though most of them wouldn't use the new information about commit signatures.
- Skip checks for users configured as githooks.admin on Gerrit's patchset-created hook.
- CheckJira: Use checkjira.ref option in the patchset-created hook too.
- Kudos to Mikko Koivunalho who provided code and ideas for most of the new features in this release.
- Git::Hooks - Framework for implementing Git (and Gerrit) hooks
- Git::Hooks::CheckAcls - Git::Hooks plugin for branch/tag access control
- Git::Hooks::CheckCommit - Git::Hooks plugin to enforce commit policies
- Git::Hooks::CheckFile - Git::Hooks plugin for checking files
- Git::Hooks::CheckJira - Git::Hooks plugin which requires citation of JIRA issues in commit messages
- Git::Hooks::CheckLog - Git::Hooks plugin to enforce commit log policies
- Git::Hooks::CheckRewrite - Git::Hooks plugin for checking against unsafe rewrites
- Git::Hooks::CheckStructure - Git::Hooks plugin for ref/file structure validation
- Git::Hooks::CheckWhitespace - Git::Hooks plugin for checking whitespace errors
- Git::Hooks::GerritChangeId - Git::Hooks plugin to insert a Change-Id in a commit message
- Git::More - A Git extension with some goodies for hook developers
- Git::More::Message - A Git commit message