Changes for version 0.07
- Added support for building the DB files from the more recent zip-code data here:
- The old data will continue to work. (Sam Tregar)
- The following changes contributed by Scott Gifford of HomeSurfUSA.com
- Move database installation code from load.pl into a module, to make subclassing easier.
- Modify instructions to discuss proposed "Geo::PostalCode::US" to get US postal codes.
- New Functionality
- You can specify constructor arguments "units" or "earth_radius" to change the units that Geo::PostalCode operates in. By default it supports miles and kilometers, but it can support any unit if you provide the earth's radius in that unit.
- Speed Improvements for Very Large Searches
- Allow overriding B-Tree cache size with "cachesize" constructor argument.
- Very small speedups in query_postal_codes.
- Major Cleanup
- All required files for testing included in package, so that a "make test" from CPAN will succeed.
- Minor Cleanup
- Better error checking of database tie commands.
- Minor syntax fixes to split.
- Use name "geo_postalcode_makedb" instead of "load.pl", so it can be installed in a bin directory.
Find closest zipcodes, distance, latitude, and longitude.
Create and install a new location database for Geo::PostalCode.