Changes for version 0.19_05
- Changed the way the depends_on() method works inside action subroutines - now each action will only run once per dispatch() invocation (similar to how perl's require() function works). This helps avoid some difficult problems with dependency loops.
- Separated the 'build' action into two separate actions, 'code' and 'docs'. This is similar to MakeMaker's separation of the 'all' target into 'pure_all' and 'manifypods'. This fixes a permissions hassle in which doing 'sudo Build install' would often create local doc files that needed superuser permissions to delete.
- Enhanced the 'help' action - 'Build help foo' will now show the POD documentation for the 'foo' action.
- Changed the documentation for the 'autosplit' parameter to give reasons why it may not be a good idea to use, but no longer threaten to remove it. [Suggested by Martyn J. Pearce]
- Improved the formatting of the 'traditional' Makefile.PL generated by Module::Build::Compat->create_makefile_pl. [Michael Schwern]
- The 'traditional' Makefile.PL will now use the 'module_name' parameter (as NAME) if it's available, otherwise it will continue to use the 'dist_name' (as DISTNAME). [Michael Schwern]
- Created read/write accessor methods for all our 'properties'.
- Michael Schwern
- The 'test_files' parameter can now be specified using glob() syntax (i.e. 't/*.t'), and the corresponding test_files() method is now a read/write accessor.
- The 'builddocs' action from the last beta release has been renamed to 'docs'.
- The location of the 'blib' directory is now a property of the Build object - nobody is likely to notice this change, with any luck, but it makes the design and code cleaner.
- The 'disttest' and 'distsign' methods now chdir() back to the directory where they started, rather than to the base_dir of the build.
Changes for version 0.19_04
- Fixed yet another bug with installation directories, in which the 'install_base' parameter wasn't being respected on the command line. [Spotted by Jonathan Swartz]
- Now we don't build man pages when there's nowhere to install them, such as on some Win32 or most Mac systems.
- Improved comparisons of version strings containing underscore characters (indicating "beta" status). [Steve Purkis]
- Added documentation for the 'dist_author', 'dist_abstract', and 'codebase' parameters to new(), and for the 'ppd' action. [Dave Rolsky]
- Added documentation for the up_to_date() and contains_pod() methods. [Dave Rolsky]
- 'traditional' pass-through Makefile.PLs will now contain an INSTALLDIRS parameter matching the Build.PL's.
Changes for version 0.19_03
- Added a notes() feature, which helps share data transparently between the Build.PL and t/*.t scripts.
Changes for version 0.19_02
- The installation process will now create man(1) and man(3) pages from POD in modules & scripts, and install them. [large patch by Steve Purkis, 5.005 fix by Mathieu Arnold]
- version_from_file() now ignores $VERSION variables that are defined in POD or comments. It can still be tricked by $VERSIONs in string literals, though. [Steve Purkis]
- The code to find packages in module files now uses Steve's scanning method (above) to skip package-declaration-lookalikes in POD or comments.
- The 'disttest' action will now propagate its @INC settings to its subprocesses.
Changes for version 0.19_01 - 2003-07-12
- Fixed a problem with the 'install_path' parameter given to 'Build.PL' being lost in subsequent actions. [Reported by Mathieu Arnold]
- Module::Build - Build and install Perl modules
- Module::Build::Base - Default methods for Module::Build
- Module::Build::Compat - Compatibility with ExtUtils::MakeMaker
- Module::Build::Cookbook - Examples of Module::Build Usage
- Module::Build::PPMMaker - Perl Package Manager file creation
- Module::Build::Platform::Amiga - Builder class for Amiga platforms
- Module::Build::Platform::Default - Stub class for unknown platforms
- Module::Build::Platform::EBCDIC - Builder class for EBCDIC platforms
- Module::Build::Platform::MPEiX - Builder class for MPEiX platforms
- Module::Build::Platform::MacOS - Builder class for MacOS platforms
- Module::Build::Platform::RiscOS - Builder class for RiscOS platforms
- Module::Build::Platform::Unix - Builder class for Unix platforms
- Module::Build::Platform::VMS - Builder class for VMS platforms
- Module::Build::Platform::VOS - Builder class for VOS platforms
- Module::Build::Platform::Windows - Builder class for Windows platforms
- Module::Build::Platform::darwin - Builder class for Mac OS X platform