Changes for version 4.2 - 2008-07-12
- support an "interval" argument for repeating timers.
- fix a bug in the pure perl event loop that caused timers to be delayed under some circumstances.
- implement optional argument checking via PERL_ANYEVENT_STRICT.
- not importing anything from Event causes it to malfunction and not use Time::HiRes, work around this bug.
- more bug workarounds against the endlessly broken Tk module, seems to work now on 32 bit machines, but less so on 64 bit.
- minor optimisations applied to most backends.
- AnyEvent - provide framework for multiple event loops
- AnyEvent::DNS - fully asynchronous DNS resolution
- AnyEvent::Handle - non-blocking I/O on file handles via AnyEvent
- AnyEvent::Impl::EV - AnyEvent adaptor for EV
- AnyEvent::Impl::Event - AnyEvent adaptor for Event
- AnyEvent::Impl::EventLib - AnyEvent adaptor for Event::Lib
- AnyEvent::Impl::Glib - AnyEvent adaptor for Glib
- AnyEvent::Impl::POE - AnyEvent adaptor for POE
- AnyEvent::Impl::Perl - Pure-Perl event loop and AnyEvent adaptor for itself
- AnyEvent::Impl::Qt - AnyEvent adaptor for Qt
- AnyEvent::Impl::Tk - AnyEvent adaptor for Tk
- AnyEvent::Socket - useful IPv4 and IPv6 stuff.
- AnyEvent::Strict - force strict mode on for the whole process
- AnyEvent::Util - various utility functions.