Changes for version 4.3 - 2008-10-03
- AnyEvent will now install a no-op signal handler for SIGPIPE, unless one has been installed already.
- warn about not loaidng AnyEvent::Impl::POE early enough (patch by Adam Rosenstein).
- fixed a great number of bugs and corner cases in AnyEvent::Handle:
- fix a bug in where in SSL connect mode, the client would first wait for some data by the server and otherwise hang. (reported and analyzed in an absolutely exemplary manner by Adam Rosenstein).
- fix a bug in where SSL EOF would not be treated as stream EOF, putting the connection into a hung state. (reported and analyzed in an absolutely exemplary manner by Adam Rosenstein).
- fix a potential segfault when the TLS context would go missing in a read callback (e.g. due to stoptls) - Net::SSLeay of course makes no type checking whatsoever.
- AnyEvent::Handle will not stop the read watcher in TLS mode.
- AnyEvent::Handle->stoptls will send a TLS close notify instead of simply destroying the stream now.
- fix a bug where large blocks of data written in TLS mode would not be sent unless triggered by receives.
- on_drain will now take the tls write buffer into account.
- SSL operations have been streamlined a bit and should be faster now, more to come, though.
- added a FAQ section, will document nontrivial issues in there.
- AnyEvent - provide framework for multiple event loops
- AnyEvent::DNS - fully asynchronous DNS resolution
- AnyEvent::Handle - non-blocking I/O on file handles via AnyEvent
- AnyEvent::Impl::EV - AnyEvent adaptor for EV
- AnyEvent::Impl::Event - AnyEvent adaptor for Event
- AnyEvent::Impl::EventLib - AnyEvent adaptor for Event::Lib
- AnyEvent::Impl::Glib - AnyEvent adaptor for Glib
- AnyEvent::Impl::POE - AnyEvent adaptor for POE
- AnyEvent::Impl::Perl - Pure-Perl event loop and AnyEvent adaptor for itself
- AnyEvent::Impl::Qt - AnyEvent adaptor for Qt
- AnyEvent::Impl::Tk - AnyEvent adaptor for Tk
- AnyEvent::Socket - useful IPv4 and IPv6 stuff.
- AnyEvent::Strict - force strict mode on for the whole process
- AnyEvent::Util - various utility functions.