Changes for version 4.35 - 2009-03-27
- event models relying on AnyEvent's signal watcher emulation did invoke the callback asynchronously, contradicting documentation and causing signals to get lost (this includes AnyEvent's own event loop). AnyEvent now uses the standard pipe trick to make callback execution synchronous to the event loop.
- AnyEvent::Handle didn't free TLS context data on DESTROY (patch by Pavel Shaydo).
- work around the ever-incompatibly-changing API of MakeMaker.
- document that changing global variables without restoring them is a bad idea in Perl (noted by Adam Rosenstein).
- AnyEvent::Strict now barfs if ->io is passed a file.
- AnyEvent - provide framework for multiple event loops
- AnyEvent::DNS - fully asynchronous DNS resolution
- AnyEvent::Handle - non-blocking I/O on file handles via AnyEvent
- AnyEvent::Impl::EV - AnyEvent adaptor for EV
- AnyEvent::Impl::Event - AnyEvent adaptor for Event
- AnyEvent::Impl::EventLib - AnyEvent adaptor for Event::Lib
- AnyEvent::Impl::Glib - AnyEvent adaptor for Glib
- AnyEvent::Impl::POE - AnyEvent adaptor for POE
- AnyEvent::Impl::Perl - Pure-Perl event loop and AnyEvent adaptor for itself
- AnyEvent::Impl::Qt - AnyEvent adaptor for Qt
- AnyEvent::Impl::Tk - AnyEvent adaptor for Tk
- AnyEvent::Socket - useful IPv4 and IPv6 stuff.
- AnyEvent::Strict - force strict mode on for the whole process
- AnyEvent::Util - various utility functions.