AnyEvent::FAQ - frequently asked questions
AnyEvent::Intro - an introductory tutorial to AnyEvent
AE - simpler/faster/newer/cooler AnyEvent API
AnyEvent - the DBI of event loop programming
AnyEvent::DNS - fully asynchronous DNS resolution
AnyEvent::Debug - debugging utilities for AnyEvent
AnyEvent::Handle - non-blocking I/O on streaming handles via AnyEvent
AnyEvent::IO - the DBI of asynchronous I/O implementations
AnyEvent::IO::IOAIO - AnyEvent::IO backend based on IO::AIO
AnyEvent::IO::Perl - pure perl backend for AnyEvent::IO
AnyEvent::Impl::Cocoa - AnyEvent adaptor for Cocoa::EventLoop
AnyEvent::Impl::EV - AnyEvent adaptor for EV
AnyEvent::Impl::Event - AnyEvent adaptor for Event
AnyEvent::Impl::EventLib - AnyEvent adaptor for Event::Lib
AnyEvent::Impl::FLTK - AnyEvent adaptor for FLTK (Fast Light Toolkit version two)
AnyEvent::Impl::Glib - AnyEvent adaptor for Glib
AnyEvent::Impl::IOAsync - AnyEvent adaptor for IO::Async
AnyEvent::Impl::Irssi - AnyEvent adaptor for Irssi
AnyEvent::Impl::POE - AnyEvent adaptor for POE
AnyEvent::Impl::Perl - AnyEvent adaptor for AnyEvent's pure perl AnyEvent::Loop
AnyEvent::Impl::Qt - AnyEvent adaptor for Qt
AnyEvent::Impl::Tk - AnyEvent adaptor for Tk
AnyEvent::Log - simple logging "framework"
AnyEvent::Loop - AnyEvent's Pure-Perl event loop
AnyEvent::Socket - useful IPv4 and IPv6 stuff. also unix domain sockets. and stuff.
AnyEvent::Strict - force strict mode on for the whole process
AnyEvent::TLS - SSLv2/SSLv3/TLSv1 contexts for use in AnyEvent::Handle
AnyEvent::Util - various utility functions.
AE in lib/AnyEvent.pm
AE::Log::COLLECT in lib/AnyEvent/Log.pm
AE::Log::FILTER in lib/AnyEvent/Log.pm
AE::Log::LOG in lib/AnyEvent/Log.pm
AnyEvent::Base in lib/AnyEvent.pm
AnyEvent::CondVar in lib/AnyEvent.pm
AnyEvent::CondVar::Base in lib/AnyEvent.pm
AnyEvent::Debug::Backtrace in lib/AnyEvent/Debug.pm
AnyEvent::Debug::shell in lib/AnyEvent/Debug.pm
AnyEvent::Debug::Wrap in lib/AnyEvent/Debug.pm
AnyEvent::Debug::Wrapped in lib/AnyEvent/Debug.pm
AnyEvent::Impl::Qt::Io in lib/AnyEvent/Impl/Qt.pm
AnyEvent::Impl::Qt::Timer in lib/AnyEvent/Impl/Qt.pm
AnyEvent::IO in lib/AnyEvent/IO/IOAIO.pm
AnyEvent::IO in lib/AnyEvent/IO/Perl.pm
AnyEvent::Log::COLLECT in lib/AnyEvent/Log.pm
AnyEvent::Log::Ctx in lib/AnyEvent/Log.pm
AnyEvent::Log::FILTER in lib/AnyEvent/Log.pm
AnyEvent::Log::LOG in lib/AnyEvent/Log.pm
ExamplesChanges for version 7.0
- child watchers are broken in POE 1.352 (also many earlier versions) and there seems to be no way to work around it, as POE itself is inherently racy. Document this regression and add a delay in t/68_poe_03_child.t for the time being.
- new module AnyEvent::IO, that is a frontend to either a pure-perl synchronous I/O implementation (AnyEvent::IO::Perl), or to the asynchronous I/O extension IO::AIO (AnyEvent::IO::IOAIO).
- load /etc/hosts only when DNS has no answer.
- stat /etc/hosts on every access and reload it if it changed.
- load /etc/hosts via AnyEvent::IO - potentially asynchronous.
- fix a buggy croak in the dh parameter rsading in AnyEvent::TLS.
- AnyEvent::Log log_to_file and log_to_path now use AnyEvent::IO. As a side effect, they now use true appending as opposed to libc appending, and the file might not have been opened when the function returns.
- the default logging level was not properly documented in a variety of places, this has hopefully been rectified.
- updated uts46data.pl for unicode 6.1.0.
- made log messages genearted by AnyEvent submodules not include the package name anymore, as it will be logged by default already.
- upgrade to the trick used by common-sense 3.5 to work around extra warning torture/breakage under perl 5.15.x.
- log messages by anyevent are now ucfirst, are usually full sentences and do no longer include the package name.
- the storable read type would sometimes throw an exception instead of causing EBADMSG (analyzed by Maxime Soulé).
- work around a bug in openssl 1.0.1 which enforces a minimum rsa keysize (reported by Paul Howarth).
- documented Rocco fabricating statements about AnyEvent and me.