Changes for version 7.14
- fix a crash bug in AnyEvent::Handle with openssl 1.1.0 (patched by Paul Howarth and apparently tracked down by Mike McCauley).
- AnyEvent::Handle->keepalive was documented (and defined) twice (found by Matt Merhar).
- AnyEvent::Socket::tcp_bind/tcp_server would immediately unlink a unix listening socket unless a guard is used. Change this so that no cleanup will be performed unless a guard is used and document this more clearly.
- make tcp_bind/tcp_server error messages more regular.
- work around latest perl upstream breakage - this time, perl5porters were apparently bullied by a bogus CVE (CVE-2016-1238), and since distros stupidly apply anything that has "security fix" stamped on it, it's likely going to be a problem in practise (and working around it is trivial on windows and unix).
- add TCP_FASTOPEN/MSG_FASTOPEN and MSG_NOSIGNAL/MSG_MORE/MSG_DONTWAIT to constants.
- update warnings to common::sense 3.74 standards.
frequently asked questions
an introductory tutorial to AnyEvent
simpler/faster/newer/cooler AnyEvent API
the DBI of event loop programming
fully asynchronous DNS resolution
debugging utilities for AnyEvent
non-blocking I/O on streaming handles via AnyEvent
the DBI of asynchronous I/O implementations
AnyEvent::IO backend based on IO::AIO
pure perl backend for AnyEvent::IO
AnyEvent adaptor for Cocoa::EventLoop
AnyEvent adaptor for EV
AnyEvent adaptor for Event
AnyEvent adaptor for Event::Lib
AnyEvent adaptor for FLTK (Fast Light Toolkit version two)
AnyEvent adaptor for Glib
AnyEvent adaptor for IO::Async
AnyEvent adaptor for Irssi
AnyEvent adaptor for POE
AnyEvent adaptor for AnyEvent's pure perl AnyEvent::Loop
AnyEvent adaptor for Qt
AnyEvent adaptor for Tk
AnyEvent adaptor for UV
simple logging "framework"
AnyEvent's Pure-Perl event loop
useful IPv4 and IPv6 stuff. also unix domain sockets. and stuff.
force strict mode on for the whole process
SSLv2/SSLv3/TLSv1 contexts for use in AnyEvent::Handle
various utility functions.