Changes for version 1.2 - 2005-08-17
- verified on cygwin, linux/amd64+ia32+alpha, solaris.
- use SvPVbyte for filenames now. You *need* to encode your strings to the external filename encoding first.
- fix the bug where filehandles could leak (again).
- clarify freebsd situation: make it work and tell me how, or go away with your underdocumented, broken and outdated OS.
- fork'ing should now be officially supported (where linux and posix contradict each other, I followed posix).
- only call read() once per poll, not twice (speedup).
- new functions: aio_rmdir, aio_symlink.
- force callback arguments to be undef or a reference, for better error catching.
- IO::AIO - Asynchronous Input/Output
- autoconf in autoconf.pm