Changes for version 2.4 - 2007-08-05
- add aio_truncate, aio_chmod, aio_chown, aio_utime (linux successfully demonstrated that you can block on futimes...).
- allow undef as fileoffset for aio_read/write and use read/write(2) internally (useful for sockets or O_APPEND handles).
- allow undef for length in aio_write.
- negative dataoffsets work as expected now in aio_read/aio_write.
- use NV instead of UV for 32 bit perls and file offsets, as NVs have a larger range then.
- shared code between BDB and IO::AIO.
- aio_busy was completely broken. now fixed.
- readahead emulation now returns something.
- correctly set errno to ENOSYS on unimplemented functions (should never happen, though).
- large changes to make it partially compile and run on win32, but win32 lacks too much functionality, and perl overrides way too many functions with crashing versions.
- IO::AIO - Asynchronous Input/Output
- autoconf in autoconf.pm