Changes for version 6.25_09
- Stubbing out PASTHRU on VMS. $(MMSQUALIFIERS) should do the equivalent and better.
- Added test to check for the existence of a compiler so XS tests are now possible.
Changes for version 6.25_08
- Fixing xsubpp on VMS. Had a foo/bar path in it.
- Turning XSUBPP into a runable command by the addition of PERLRUN made it unusable as a dependency. Added XSUBPPRUN for that and left XSUBPP alone.
- Removed DESTDIR from PASTHRU as install is not recursive and it can make commands too long on VMS.
- Older versions of MMS cannot handle directory targets at all. Using .exists files everywhere.
- Restore missing *.Opt clean on VMS.
- Fix .exists files accidentally getting caught in static builds.
- Older versions of MMS cannot handle directory targets at all.
- Add Interix support (bleadperl@33892)
- distsign target changed to distsignature to avoid clash with Module::Install
Changes for version 6.25_07
- perllocal on VMS was inserting executables twice.
- No longer using $(IGNORE) macro. Turns out MMS/K was not honoring it. Using "-$(NOECHO) command" which seems to make everybody happy.
- Executables with no extension weren't getting installed on VMS due to a bug in rename(). Broken sometime in this series of alphas.
Changes for version 6.25_06
- Forgot to define BOOTDEP macro.
- .exists files are back. Directories cannot be used directly as targets as their mod time changes too frequently.
- Added INSTALLBASE as an alternative to PREFIX but haven't documented it yet. I'll do that next release.
Changes for version 6.25_05
- One of the 6.25 alphas broke BSD make. It doesn't like "- @ command". Fixed by adding an $(IGNORE) macro.
- 6.25 alphas caused a Makefile to be added to the dist. Fixed.
- The new cd() code needed to be dependent on dmake or nmake for Windows. Not Win9x vs WinNT/XP.
Changes for version 6.25_04
- 6.25_03 was always rebuilding XS modules.
Changes for version 6.25_03
- dir_target() is back. Now each directory to be created has its own target like before, but no more .exists or blibdirs.ts files. This ensures that each blib directory is created as necessary and fixes things like SVN's perl bindings.
Changes for version 6.25_02
- Set PM_FILTER as late as possible so it can see all the earlier macro definitions. Necessary for challenged make implementations like nmake. Should fix Mail::SpamAssassin installs on Win32.
- rt.cpan.org 4545
- clean and realclean are now more careful about accidentally deleting directories instead of files. [rt.cpan.org 6851]
- small fix for parallel builds, make sure pm_to_blib has run before we try to use stuff in blib. [rt.cpan.org 6460]
- MAKEFILE=foo appears to have been broken for recursive builds and several other things. I think this was broken by 6.18.
Changes for version 6.25_01
- *.bak added to the default MANIFEST.SKIP.
- META.yml will no longer be generated in the build directory. It will only appear in the distdir. This should make it easier on developers, they don't have to worry about checking the file in all the time.
- Similarly, the SIGNATURE file will not be updated in the build directory. It will only be generated in the distdir.
- A bunch of redundant Win9x and VMS code removed.
- 'make test' on Windows no longer pre-expands its list of test files. This caused problems on large distributions like bioperl. Thanks to Tim Bunce for suggesting the obvious fix.
- ExtUtils::Command - utilities to replace common UNIX commands in Makefiles etc.
- ExtUtils::Command::MM - Commands for the MM's to use in Makefiles
- ExtUtils::Install - install files from here to there
- ExtUtils::Installed - Inventory management of installed modules
- ExtUtils::Liblist - determine libraries to use and how to use them
- ExtUtils::MM - OS adjusted ExtUtils::MakeMaker subclass
- ExtUtils::MM_AIX - AIX specific subclass of ExtUtils::MM_Unix
- ExtUtils::MM_Any - Platform-agnostic MM methods
- ExtUtils::MM_BeOS - methods to override UN*X behaviour in ExtUtils::MakeMaker
- ExtUtils::MM_Cygwin - methods to override UN*X behaviour in ExtUtils::MakeMaker
- ExtUtils::MM_DOS - DOS specific subclass of ExtUtils::MM_Unix
- ExtUtils::MM_MacOS - once produced Makefiles for MacOS Classic
- ExtUtils::MM_NW5 - methods to override UN*X behaviour in ExtUtils::MakeMaker
- ExtUtils::MM_OS2 - methods to override UN*X behaviour in ExtUtils::MakeMaker
- ExtUtils::MM_QNX - QNX specific subclass of ExtUtils::MM_Unix
- ExtUtils::MM_UWIN - U/WIN specific subclass of ExtUtils::MM_Unix
- ExtUtils::MM_Unix - methods used by ExtUtils::MakeMaker
- ExtUtils::MM_VMS - methods to override UN*X behaviour in ExtUtils::MakeMaker
- ExtUtils::MM_VOS - VOS specific subclass of ExtUtils::MM_Unix
- ExtUtils::MM_Win32 - methods to override UN*X behaviour in ExtUtils::MakeMaker
- ExtUtils::MM_Win95 - method to customize MakeMaker for Win9X
- ExtUtils::MY - ExtUtils::MakeMaker subclass for customization
- ExtUtils::MakeMaker - Create a module Makefile
- ExtUtils::MakeMaker::Config - Wrapper around Config.pm
- ExtUtils::MakeMaker::bytes - Version-agnostic bytes.pm
- ExtUtils::MakeMaker::vmsish - Platform-agnostic vmsish.pm
- ExtUtils::Manifest - utilities to write and check a MANIFEST file
- ExtUtils::Mkbootstrap - make a bootstrap file for use by DynaLoader
- ExtUtils::Mksymlists - write linker options files for dynamic extension
- ExtUtils::Packlist - manage .packlist files
- ExtUtils::testlib - add blib/* directories to @INC