Changes for version 0.98_03
- New Features
- cmp_ok() will error when used with something which is not a comparison operator, including =, += and the like.
- github 141
- Bug Fixes
- use_ok() was calling class->import without quoting which could cause problems if "class" is also a function.
- Doc Fixes
- use_ok() has been discouraged and de-emphasized as a general replacement for `use` in tests. [github #288]
- $thing is now $this in the docs to avoid confusing users of other languages. [Karen Etheridge]
- Incompatible Changes With Previous Alphas (0.98_01)
- use_ok() will no longer apply lexical pragams. The incompatibilities and extra complexity is not worth the marginal use.
- github #287
- Test::Tutorial - A tutorial about writing really basic tests
- Test::Builder - Backend for building test libraries
- Test::Builder::IO::Scalar - A copy of IO::Scalar for Test::Builder
- Test::Builder::Module - Base class for test modules
- Test::Builder::Tester - test testsuites that have been built with Test::Builder
- Test::Builder::Tester::Color - turn on colour in Test::Builder::Tester
- Test::More - yet another framework for writing test scripts
- Test::Simple - Basic utilities for writing tests.
- Test::Builder::Tester::Tie in lib/Test/Builder/Tester.pm