Changes for version 0.01_06 - 2020-09-12
- Require Unicode::EastAsianWidth version 12.0 or later. Had a bunch of CPAN Testers failures on FreeBSD, but it looks like they're all from the same box, with an old version of Unicode::EastAsianWidth.
Changes for version 0.01_05 - 2020-09-11
- Switched from Text::CharWidth to Unicode::EastAsianWidth, as it has more reliable results on CPAN Testers.
Changes for version 0.01_04 - 2020-09-11
- Ok, lying to the C library about LANG seems to have been a bad idea :-)
Changes for version 0.01_03 - 2020-09-11
- The C function wcswidth() used by Text::CharWidth needs LANG to be set, otherwise you essentially get nonsense back. So now tty_width() checks for that before trying to be smart. Set the test case to default to "en_US.UTF-8", just to see how that works out with CPAN Testers.
Changes for version 0.01_02 - 2020-09-11
- Lots of CPAN Testers fails, so put some diagnostics in the tests, as there's one test failing that I really didn't expect.
Changes for version 0.01_01 - 2020-09-10
- Added tty_width() which tries to return the number of columns that the string will take up on a terminal.
- Renamed the basic.t test file as tty_length.t
length or width of string excluding ANSI tty codes