Changes for version 0.40 - 2003-04-11
- Patch by Doug MacEachern to allow running under servlet engines.
- Patch by John Kinsley for handling empty arrays.
- Custom ClassLoader allows for better isolation of user code and dynamic 'CLASSPATH' (multiple sections/clients are now totally independant).
- Core Java code is now compiled separately (at install time) instead of with the user code (for each script). This dramatically improves build time.
- Default port number changed to 0 (next available port number). This allows many multiple users to run concurrently without clashes. Note: The default port on systems where this feature is not available has remained 7890. Note: The default port for SHARED_JVM mode is now 7891.
- SHARED_JVM mode now calls release_JVM() automatically.
- UTF8 support
- User code can now be a public class and (optionally) inside a package.
- Callback classes have changed. Note: These classes are now in the org.perl.inline.java package. Note: PerlException has been renamed InlineJavaPerlException. Note: If you presently use callbacks, your code may now no longer compile. You will need to apply the changes listed above to fix it.
- study_classes now returns the package in which the studied classes have been put.
- Many bug fixes and documentation corrections.
- Inline::Java - Write Perl classes in Java.
- Inline::Java::Array in Java/Array.pm
- Inline::Java::Array::Normalizer in Java/Array.pm
- Inline::Java::Array::Tie in Java/Array.pm
- Inline::Java::Callback in Java/Callback.pm
- Inline::Java::Class in Java/Class.pm
- Inline::Java::Class::Cast in Java/Class.pm
- Inline::Java::JNI in Java/JNI.pm
- Inline::Java::JVM in Java/JVM.pm
- Inline::Java::Object in Java/Object.pm
- Inline::Java::Object::Private in Java/Object.pm
- Inline::Java::Object::StaticMember in Java/Object.pm
- Inline::Java::Object::Tie in Java/Object.pm
- Inline::Java::Portable in Java/Portable.pm
- Inline::Java::Protocol in Java/Protocol.pm