PApp::SQL - absolutely easy yet fast and powerful sql access.
ProvidesChanges for version 2.0
PApp::SQL::Database in SQL.pm
- work around some bugs in DBD drivers (SQLite...) instead of crashing.
- use SvOKp to decide whether we should upgrade to utf-8.
- since DBD::mysql keeps changing their number detection code and therefore keeps corrupting our data, call bind_param with "correctly" deduced types on first first execution of an sql statement.
- cache prepare and all statement methods per stash, to avoid having to look up multiple methods per execution.
- use a default lru cache size of 100 instead of 50.
- switch to FNV-1a hash and actually _do_ hash more than the first character of the sql statement.
- check the length of the sql string when deciding whether it is too long for caching, do not use the size of the allocated memory area, which is less useful.
- use less mind-boggling but safer method to pass return values to perl.