Changes for version 1.51_01 - 2006-12-18
- Development version. I'm putting this out so hardcore ack users can test out some new features.
- Tests now pass under Windows.
- ack-standalone now builds with a shebang line of "#!/usr/bin/env perl", which is more compatible. Of course, you're welcome to change it to whatever you like.
- I now check for binaryness on the already-open file, rather than reopening it from the filesystem. This gave me about a 1% speedup in my tests.
- Started adding sanity checks to the options. For instance, it doesn't make sense to use -l and -C together, so ack will complain about that.
- Added a --sort-files option.
- More testing on XML and PHP detection courtesy Bill Ricker.
- Lots of refactoring of search() in preparation for showing context around matches.
- App::Ack - A container for functions for the ack program