Changes for version 1.67_02 - 2007-10-07
- ack no longer uses -T, but the tests still use it.
- Check for ~/_ackrc, too.
- --passthru would highlight every single zero-width space between characters. Oops. The effect would be to have your output be 15x larger than necessary.
- Added still more sanity checks on option conflicts.
- The output for -v negative searching now matches regular searching.
Changes for version 1.67_01 - 2007-09-26
- Color coding no longer "smears" the following line if the colored part of the match wraps to the next line.
- Support for an .ackrc file.
- Little bitty speed enhancements inside. Nothing major, but it all adds up, especially on something as commonly-used as ack.
- ack now runs under -T (taint mode). This is just a good idea, although there's nothing that ack does that executes code. Thanks to Bill Ricker for bringing this up via what turns out to be a non-issue, but still nudged me to do this.
- App::Ack - A container for functions for the ack program