Changes for version 1.70 - 2007-11-04
- Added --lines argument.
- Added -1 to the --help output. Thanks Elliot Shank.
- Added sanity checks for -m, --after_context and --before_context.
- -m and -C didn't play nicely together. Now they do.
Changes for version 1.69_01
- Added -A, -B and -C options for showing context after, before and around your match, respectively. Thanks very much to Torsten Blix for writing code and tests for this most popular request.
- Skips directory autom4te.cache, a cache for autoconf tools, and cover_db, used by Devel::Cover.
- FEATURES REMOVED
- ack used to check for options that didn't make sense together, like "ack -l --group", and wouldn't run. Now, with the ability to have options in the environment, and in your .ackrc file, I was getting a lot of conflicts that didn't make sense. If I specify "ack -l --group" on the command line, I should get an error, but if I do "ack -l" and I have "--group" in my .ackrc, that shouldn't throw an error.
- So I know what I want the behavior to be, but I don't know how I want to code it. So, in the meantime, I'm removing the feature.
- App::Ack - A container for functions for the ack program