Changes for version 1.76 - 2007-12-19
- Now runs correctly under Perl 5.10. ack had been relying on a mistaken behavior of Perl 5.8, and Perl 5.10 fixed it.
- Add .xhtml to --html
- Added types --objc (.m .h) and -objcpp (.mm .h) for Objective-C and Objective-C++. Thanks, Jjgod Jiang.
- Added type --plone (.pt .cpt .metadata .cpy .py). Thanks, Jason Porritt.
- Skips Module::Build's _build directory. Thanks, Elliot Shank.
- Added a --print0 option: When outputting filenames (-f, -g, -l, -L, -c) separate them by null bytes instead of new lines. Useful e.g. in conjunction with 'xargs -0' and spaces in filenames.
- Fixed problem with coloring and pattern with backreferences, spotted by Jason Porritt.
- Removed some old references to rt.cpan.org.
Changes for version 1.75_01 - 2007-12-06
- Optimized the usually-common case where you're searching through a lot of source files and finding relatively few strings. ack now slurps up the entire file at once and scans it quickly to decide if it needs to do so line-by-line. This cuts run-time by about 40% in my test cases, and 70% if context is on. Thanks to Uri Guttman for the idea.
- Excludes backup directories for Mac Interface Builder: ~.dep, ~.dot, ~.nib, ~.plst. Thanks, Peter Lewis.
- XML sniffing now is case-insensitive.
- App::Ack - A container for functions for the ack program