Changes for version 1.77_01 - 2008-01-27
- CHANGED FUNCTIONALITY
- ack now always searches files given on the command line, even if they are of the wrong type or not recognized or normally skipped.
- .bak files are now automatically skipped. I don't know how I missed this before.
- Added a test for the Perl 5.10 regex bug fixed in 1.76.
- Made the regex for --thppptttt a little more robust. It used to have to end with a single "t", but now it's more flexible.
- Changed year in copyright note to 2008.
- Updated references in README (removed link to CPAN RT Queue).
- Fixed a problem with files with non-native line-ending (DOS or MacOS on Unix). Instead of the matching line an empty line was output. This was reported by multiple people, thanks!
- Rewrote a test to work around a bug in old versions of Test::More (before 0.48_2).
- Fixed ack failure when encountering unreadable files. Reported by David Dyck, thank you!
- Ack warns now when the files/directories given on the command line don't exist.
- Finally ack allows you to define your own types! See options --type-set and --type-add. There are some restrictions left, but it should suffice for most things.
- App::Ack - A container for functions for the ack program