Changes for version 1.77_03 - 2008-02-20
- CHANGED FUNCTIONALITY
- ack -i -g=regex no longer treats the regex as case-insensitive. This was changed for added consistency. Now -i, -w, -v and -Q only apply to normal ack PATTERN while -g and -G are not affected by these regex modifiers at all.
- Added option -G REGEX to search only files whose path+filename matches REGEX. Thanks go to Michael Hendricks for providing a patch!
- Added option --[no]env to ignore all environment settings including .ackrc.
- Added a --[no]ignore-dir option, to include/exclude additional directories. Many thanks for this patch go to Matthew Wickline!
- Added option --match REGEX to specify a regex explicitly.
- Fixed bug with -v not finding all files correctly (introduced with the performance optimizations in ack 1.75)
- Removed spurious new line after last match in --group output.
- Fixed typos in docs concerning context matching and removed option --rc from docs, since it was never implemented.
- Fixed some cross-platform issues in the test cases.
- Fixed test in run_ack for stderr output. This should no longer report unexpected succeeds for TODO tests.
Changes for version 1.77_02 - 2008-01-28
- Added .lsp for --lisp, .st for --smalltalk.
- Added testing for spurious output in the test suite.
Changes for version 1.77_01 - 2008-01-27
- CHANGED FUNCTIONALITY
- ack now always searches files given on the command line, even if they are of the wrong type or not recognized or normally skipped.
- .bak files are now automatically skipped. I don't know how I missed this before.
- Added a test for the Perl 5.10 regex bug fixed in 1.76.
- Made the regex for --thppptttt a little more robust. It used to have to end with a single "t", but now it's more flexible.
- Changed year in copyright note to 2008.
- Updated references in README (removed link to CPAN RT Queue).
- Fixed a problem with files with non-native line-ending (DOS or MacOS on Unix). Instead of the matching line an empty line was output. This was reported by multiple people, thanks!
- Rewrote a test to work around a bug in old versions of Test::More (before 0.48_2).
- Fixed ack failure when encountering unreadable files. Reported by David Dyck, thank you!
- Ack warns now when the files/directories given on the command line don't exist.
- Finally ack allows you to define your own types! See options --type-set and --type-add. There are some restrictions left, but it should suffice for most things.
- App::Ack - A container for functions for the ack program