Changes for version 1.88 - 2009-02-07
- BIG CHANGES
- ack-standalone no longer exists. ack is now built from ack-base. What used to be called "ack-standalone" is now just "ack."
- ack has a new plugin system, so you can build plugins to search whatever filetype you want. The plugin API is not yet set in stone.
- The plugin system has not been optimized. ack is about 1/3rd slower than before.
- Added support for .hrl Erlang header files. Thanks, Richard Carlsson.
- Added support for --rake files, which are also --ruby files.
- Fixed a bug where files ending in "Makefile" were mistakenly identified as Makefiles.
- We now use the C<-p> file test operator to see if input is coming from a pipe, rather than than faking it with C<-t> and C<eof>. Thanks to Sitaram Chamarty.
- Created a new etc/ directory and its first addition, a bash auto-completion file from Adam James.
- Clarified the licensing information that hand-waved "under the same terms as Perl itself."
- App::Ack - A container for functions for the ack program