Changes for version 2.03_01
- ack now runs on a standard Perl 5.8.8 install with no module updates. Thanks, Michael McClimon.
- ack was colorizing captured groups even if --nocolor was given. Thanks, Dale Sedivic.
- It turns out that ack 2 is a good deal slower than ack 1.96. We have made a number of speedups but we are not yet at ack 1.x performance levels. You probably won't notice any differences unless you're working with very large code repositories, so please don't let this scare you from ack 2.
- Removed a use of $& that slowed down grouped matches. Thanks, Michael McClimon.
- ack - grep-like text finder
- App::Ack::ConfigDefault in ConfigDefault.pm
- App::Ack::ConfigFinder in ConfigFinder.pm
- App::Ack::ConfigLoader in ConfigLoader.pm
- App::Ack::Filter::Default in Default.pm
- App::Ack::Filter::Extension in Extension.pm
- App::Ack::Filter::FirstLineMatch in FirstLineMatch.pm
- App::Ack::Filter::Inverse in Inverse.pm
- App::Ack::Filter::Is in Is.pm
- App::Ack::Filter::Match in Match.pm
- App::Ack::Resource in Resource.pm
- App::Ack::Resource::Basic in Basic.pm
- App::Ack::Resources in Resources.pm