Changes for version 2.04 - 2013-04-26
- ack now runs on a standard Perl 5.8.8 install with no module updates. The minimum Perl requirement for ack is now explicitly 5.8.8. Anything before 5.8.8 will not work, and we've added checks. Thanks, Michael McClimon.
- ack was colorizing captured groups even if --nocolor was given. Thanks, Dale Sedivic.
- The --shell file type now recognizes the fish shell.
- Added support for the Dart language.
- ack 2.02 was much slower than ack 1.96, up to 8x slower in some cases. These slowdowns have been mostly eliminated, and in some cases ack 2.04 is now faster than 1.96.
- ack - grep-like text finder
- App::Ack::ConfigDefault in ConfigDefault.pm
- App::Ack::ConfigFinder in ConfigFinder.pm
- App::Ack::ConfigLoader in ConfigLoader.pm
- App::Ack::Filter::Default in Default.pm
- App::Ack::Filter::Extension in Extension.pm
- App::Ack::Filter::FirstLineMatch in FirstLineMatch.pm
- App::Ack::Filter::Inverse in Inverse.pm
- App::Ack::Filter::Is in Is.pm
- App::Ack::Filter::Match in Match.pm
- App::Ack::Resource in Resource.pm
- App::Ack::Resource::Basic in Basic.pm
- App::Ack::Resources in Resources.pm