Changes for version 2.08 - 2013-08-22
- ack now ignores CMake's build/cache directories by default. Thanks, Volodymyr Medvid.
- Add shebang matching for --lua files.
- Add documentation for --ackrc.
- Add Elixir filetype.
- Add --cathy option. Thanks to Joe McMahon.
- Add some helpful debugging tips when an invalid option is found. Thanks to Charles Lee.
- Ignore PDF files by default, because Perl will detect them as text.
- Ignore .gif, .jpg, .jpeg and .png files. They won't normally be selected, but this is an optimization so that ack doesn't have to open them to know.
Changes for version 2.05_01 - 2013-05-28
- We now ignore the node_modules directories created by npm. Thanks, Konrad Borowski.
- --pager without an argument implies --pager=$PAGER.
- --perl now recognizes Plack-style .psgi files. Thanks, Ron Savage.
- Added filetypes for Coffescript, JSON, LESS, and Sass.
- Command-line options now override options set in ackrc files.
- ACK_PAGER and ACK_PAGER_COLOR now work as advertised.
- Fix a bug resulting in uninitialized variable warnings when more than one capture group was specified in the search pattern.
- Make sure ack is happy to build and test under cron and other console-less environments.
- Colored output is now supported and on by default on Windows.
- ack - grep-like text finder
- App::Ack::ConfigDefault in ConfigDefault.pm
- App::Ack::ConfigFinder in ConfigFinder.pm
- App::Ack::ConfigLoader in ConfigLoader.pm
- App::Ack::Filter::Default in Default.pm
- App::Ack::Filter::Extension in Extension.pm
- App::Ack::Filter::FirstLineMatch in FirstLineMatch.pm
- App::Ack::Filter::Inverse in Inverse.pm
- App::Ack::Filter::Is in Is.pm
- App::Ack::Filter::Match in Match.pm
- App::Ack::Resource in Resource.pm
- App::Ack::Resource::Basic in Basic.pm
- App::Ack::Resources in Resources.pm