Changes for version 2.16 - 2017-03-10
- No changes since 2.15_03.
- CONFUSING BEHAVIOR & UPCOMING CHANGES
- The -w has a confusing behavior that it's had since back to ack 1.x that will be changing in the future. It's not changing in this version, but this is a heads-up that it's coming.
- ack -w is "match a whole word", and ack does this by putting turning your PATTERN into \bPATTERN\b. So "ack -w foo" effectively becomes "ack \bfoo\b". Handy.
- The problem is that ack doesn't put a \b before PATTERN if it begins with a non-word character, and won't put a \b after PATTERN if it ends with a non-word character.
- The problem is that if you're searching for "fool" or "foot", but only as a word, and you do "ack -w foo[lt]" or "ack -w (fool|foot)", you'll get matches for "football and foolish" which certainly should not match if you're using -w.
Changes for version 2.15_03 - 2017-02-26
- Include .cljs, .cljc and .edn files with the --clojure filetype. Thanks, Austin Chamberlin.
- Added .xsd to the --xml filetype. Thanks, Nick Morrott.
- Added support for Swift language. Thanks, Nikolaj Schumacher. (GH #512)
- The MSYS2 project is now seen as Windows. Thanks, Ray Donnelly. (GH #450)
- Expand the definition of OCaml files. Thanks, Marek Kubica. (GH #511)
- Add support for Groovy Server Pages. Thanks, Ethan Mallove. (GH #469)
- Expanded the explanation of how the -w flag works. Thanks, Ed Avis. (GH #585)
Changes for version 2.15_02 - 2015-12-17
- This is the first dev version in nine months. Many changes have gone into this, probably more than have been listed here. We need to update this list, but for now these are fixes we know are in here. My apologies for not having this changelog accurate.
- The JSP filetype (--jsp) now recognizes .jspf files. Thanks, Sebastien Feugere. (GH #586)
- Added test to make sure subdirs of target subdirs are ignored if --ignore-dir applies to them. Thanks, Pete Houston. (GH #570)
Changes for version 2.15_01 - 2015-02-13
- The -l and -c flags would sometimes return inaccurate results due to a bug introduced in 2.14. Thanks to Elliot Shank for the report! (GH #491)
- Behavior when using newlines in a search was inconsistent. Thanks to Yves Chevallier for the report! (GH #522)
- Add minimal requirement of Getopt::Long 2.38, not 2.35, for GetOptionsFromString.
- Don't ignore directories that are specified as command line targets (GH #524)
- Fix a bug where a regular expression that matches the empty string could cause ack to go into an infinite loop (GH #542)
- Many optimizations and code cleanups. Thanks, Stephan Hohe.
- Added --hpp option for C++ header files. Thankis, Steffen Jaeckel.
- ack now supports --ignore-dir=match:.... Thanks, Ailin Nemui! (GitHub ticket #42)
- ack also supports --ignore-dir=ext:..., and --noignore-dir supports match/ext as well
- ack - grep-like text finder
- App::Ack::ConfigDefault in ConfigDefault.pm
- App::Ack::ConfigFinder in ConfigFinder.pm
- App::Ack::ConfigLoader in ConfigLoader.pm
- App::Ack::Filter::Collection in Collection.pm
- App::Ack::Filter::Default in Default.pm
- App::Ack::Filter::Extension in Extension.pm
- App::Ack::Filter::ExtensionGroup in ExtensionGroup.pm
- App::Ack::Filter::FirstLineMatch in FirstLineMatch.pm
- App::Ack::Filter::Inverse in Inverse.pm
- App::Ack::Filter::Is in Is.pm
- App::Ack::Filter::IsGroup in IsGroup.pm
- App::Ack::Filter::IsPath in IsPath.pm
- App::Ack::Filter::IsPathGroup in IsPathGroup.pm
- App::Ack::Filter::Match in Match.pm
- App::Ack::Filter::MatchGroup in MatchGroup.pm
- App::Ack::Resource in Resource.pm
- App::Ack::Resource::Basic in Basic.pm
- App::Ack::Resources in Resources.pm