Changes for version 0.08_5
- Better comparison of sockaddr returns - unpack and test components to avoid errors on platforms that use sin_len, since Socket doesn't
- Use XSRETURN() in XS functions to ensure stack is correct height
- Better diagnostic if $err tests fail - convert number to symbolic constant
Changes for version 0.08_4
- Define constants in XS code wrapped in #ifdef tests, to ensure only ones that the platform defines are attempted.
- Print whether PP or XS implementation are being used in the t/00use.t file
Changes for version 0.08_3
- Use ExtUtils::CBuilder to compile the test .c file in the Configure() stage, to make it (hopefully) more portable
- Some OSes return $err==0 but no results for invalid names - make sure the test script can cope.
Changes for version 0.08_2
- Declare variables in "PREINIT" XS section, not "INIT"; keeps non-C99 compilers happy
- Skip tests that require internet connectivity unless the tester declares it possible
- Declare test counts upfront in testing scripts
- Renamed XS functions 'getaddrinfo' and 'getnameinfo'; no need to prefix with 'real_'
- Folded Configure.pl inline into Build.PL, in case it has to make further decisions
Changes for version 0.08_1
- Complete rewrite to XS+PP emulation system. No longer uses Socket6 on account of API and error reporting issues.
- Provided two styles of API at import time (:newapi and :Socket6api) to allow caller to choose between RFC2553-like or Socket6 styles
- Socket::GetAddrInfo - RFC 2553's getaddrinfo and getnameinfo functions.