Changes for version 0.09
- Conditionally skip the tests for missing hostnames if the legacy resolver finds an address anyway. This may mitigate test FAILs on smoke test machines with wildcard DNS servers.
Changes for version 0.08_7
- Make sure to sv_2mortal() returned SV*s in XS code
- Minor changes to test scripts that should reduce cornercase FAILs, or at least help debug them if they occur
Changes for version 0.08_6
- Set 'sa_len' member of sockaddr structure if platform needs it
Changes for version 0.08_5
- Better comparison of sockaddr returns - unpack and test components to avoid errors on platforms that use sin_len, since Socket doesn't
- Use XSRETURN() in XS functions to ensure stack is correct height
- Better diagnostic if $err tests fail - convert number to symbolic constant
Changes for version 0.08_4
- Define constants in XS code wrapped in #ifdef tests, to ensure only ones that the platform defines are attempted.
- Print whether PP or XS implementation are being used in the t/00use.t file
Changes for version 0.08_3
- Use ExtUtils::CBuilder to compile the test .c file in the Configure() stage, to make it (hopefully) more portable
- Some OSes return $err==0 but no results for invalid names - make sure the test script can cope.
Changes for version 0.08_2
- Declare variables in "PREINIT" XS section, not "INIT"; keeps non-C99 compilers happy
- Skip tests that require internet connectivity unless the tester declares it possible
- Declare test counts upfront in testing scripts
- Renamed XS functions 'getaddrinfo' and 'getnameinfo'; no need to prefix with 'real_'
- Folded Configure.pl inline into Build.PL, in case it has to make further decisions
Changes for version 0.08_1
- Complete rewrite to XS+PP emulation system. No longer uses Socket6 on account of API and error reporting issues.
- Provided two styles of API at import time (:newapi and :Socket6api) to allow caller to choose between RFC2553-like or Socket6 styles
- Socket::GetAddrInfo - RFC 2553's getaddrinfo and getnameinfo functions.