Changes for version 1.44 - 2012-04-23
- promote 1.43_00 to official release
Changes for version 1.43_00 - 2012-03-30
- BUG FIXES
- Applied patch from Rafael Kitover (Caelum) to column_info to handle DEFAULT columns greater in length than the DBI default of 80. The DEFAULT column is a long and it is a PITA to have to set LongReadLen which you can only do on a connection handle in DBD::Oracle. The default maximum size is now 1Mb; above that you will still have to set LongReadLen (Martin J. Evans)
- Fixed 70meta and rt74753-utf8-encoded to not die if you cannot connect to Oracle or you cannot install from CPAN if you have not set up a valid Oracle connection.
- Fixed 75163. Bfile lobs were not being opened before fetching if ora_auto_lobs was disabled (Martin J. Evans).
- Note: this has a minor impact on non bfile lobs when ora_auto_lobs is not in force as an additional call to OCILobFileIsOpen will be made.
- Removed all DBIS usage fixing and speeding up threaded Perls (Martin J. Evans).
- Minor fix to avoid use of uninitialised variable in 31lob.t (Martin J. Evans)
- clarification of when StrictlyTyped/DiscardString can be used and LongReadLen (Martin J. Evans)
- Documented the 3rd type of placeholder and rewrote the existing pod for placeholders (Martin J. Evans).
- Oraperl - [DEPRECATED] Perl access to Oracle databases for old oraperl scripts
- DBD::Oracle - Oracle database driver for the DBI module
- DBD::Oracle::GetInfo - Wrapper to get Oracle information
- DBD::Oracle::Object - Wrapper for Oracle objects
- DBD::Oracle::Troubleshooting - Tips and Hints to Troubleshoot DBD::Oracle