Changes for version 1.09 - 2018-09-26
- Only one odd looking fail on CPAN Testers, so doing a non-developer release, as that will get more testing.
Changes for version 1.08_05 - 2018-09-26
- After lots of testing to try and cope with parallel smoke testers, decided its best to avoid that problem by having each installation create a unique name for the pidfile, so the tests won't collide.
Changes for version 1.08_04 - 2018-09-24
- Don't bother with /var/run
- Use File::Spec to portably build paths. Hopefully will sort out at least some of the Windows fails on CPAN Testers.
Changes for version 1.08_03 - 2018-09-16
- I realised that some of the test cases should set the new "retries" parameter to zero, otherwise they'll increase the chance of problems with parallel smokers.
Changes for version 1.08_02 - 2018-09-13
- Extended the SEE ALSO section with a bunch of modules for the same task.
- Changed the parameter name from "attempts" to "retries", and added documentation for it.
- Added verbose message about backing off.
Changes for version 1.08_01 - 2018-09-12
- If pidfile already exists and process is running, retry a couple of times. Parallel smoke testers were producing spurious fails; this will hopefully fix that, and is potentially a useful feature to have anyway.
a simple OO Perl module for maintaining a process id file for the curent process