Changes for version 1.86_03 - 2018-07-19
- Convert packaging to ExtUtils::MakeMaker
- Module::Install is no longer a prerequisite when building from the reposistory.
- Re-apply patch from ETJ permitting configure and build in places with a space in the name.
Changes for version 1.86_02 - 2018-07-06
- Removed inc/ from repository. Module::Install is now a prerequisite when building from the repository. This allowed also removing "." from Makefile.PL lib path which was added in version 1.81. These updates require no changes when building from release packages. They also help AppVeyor builds to work better with old Perls.
- Added CONTRIBUTING.md, reformatted the previous Changes entry to use CPAN::Changes::Spec guidelines and removed unused version control tags from comments.
Changes for version 1.86_01 - 2018-07-04
- Version control system change
- Chris Novakovic did a full conversion from the old Debian hosted SVN repository to git.
- Fixes to commit metadata, branches and tags that git-svn couldn't handle or had no way of handling, were done manually or semi-automatically afterwards. For instance, the "git-svn-id:" lines that git-svn appends to commit messages were kept because Mike used SVN revision numbers in RT replies to indicate when bugs had been fixed/patches applied (which may be useful for future reference).
- All commits were replayed onto a single master branch rather than having separate dead-end branches for the old SVN version tags (as this seems more "git-like").
- New lightweight tags were created for each public release going back as far as the start of the SVN repository using data from MetaCPAN (cross-referencing with the changelog when it wasn't clear when a release was cut from the SVN repo).
- Florian's and Mike's email addresses were mapped to git author/committer IDs
- Continuous integration
- Travis CI configuration was added for automated testing on Linux using 64 bit Ubuntu Trusty. Build matrix dimensions are: Perl 5.8 - 5.26 x OpenSSL 0.9.8zh - 1.1.0h. Only the currently latest version for each major Perl and OpenSSL release is chosen.
- AppVeyor configuration was added for automated testing on Windows. Build matrix dimensions are: Perl 5.8 - 5.26 x 32bit and 64bit Perl environment x Windows Server 2012R2 and Windows Server 2016. The Perl environment is Strawberry Perl and its OpenSSL is used with builds. Only the latest major versions are used, similarly to Travis CI. Net-SSLeay PPM and PPD files are made available as artifacts.
- Added README.md with link to master branch build and test status. Did minor updates to README and other misc files.
- Release packaging
- Files t/local/43_misc_functions.t and t/local/65_ticket_sharing_2.t were missing from MANIFEST.
- Updated inc/ directory with Module::Install 1.19. Updated Makefile.PL author and resource information. Synced SSLeay.pm under ext/ with the latest changes under inc/. Reordered use imports so that META.yml gets correctly regenerated. More Module::Install related changes will follow.
- Repository amd maintainer change
- Net::SSLeay functionality was not changed in this release. Work was done to switch version contorol systems, add automated testing, update module packaging and change the primary maintainer. This coincided with the decommission of previous code repository service on alioth.debian.org.
- The module is now primarily maintained by Tuure Vartiainen and Heikki Vatiainen of Radiator Software. The new repository location is https://github.com/radiator-software/p5-net-ssleay